Modern internal audit functions have a key role in enabling organizations to deliver projects within cost targets, to the required quality and on time. You will develop greater understanding of how the risk-based audit approach provides the opportunity to improve the organization’s delivery of projects.
Through evaluation of why projects do not achieve the desired outcome and what can be done to avoid common mistakes in project delivery, this masterclass practically demonstrates how internal auditors are able to employ a risk-based audit approach at every stage of the project to support success.
This masterclass will also cover a range of key projects, common in the majority of organizations, to provide deeper understanding of how to approach auditing these projects in a practical and cost-effective way.
The exercises and activities will be practical in nature and predominantly based on reallife case studies or situations. In addition, there will be opportunity to discuss existing project concerns in a safe and professional environment.
• Establish how to effectively identify, measure, evaluate and control project risks.
• Appreciate the benefits of proactive risk-based audit of key projects.
• Understand how to audit major projects, including IT projects, in a practical and cost-effective way.
• Apply the concepts and practical application of a risk-based audit approach to deliver project success.
• Evaluate the lessons that can be learned to enable project delivery to time, cost and quality objectives.