A CFO’s mastery of the financial skill is a given; however, such a skill alone is not enough to become a successful corporate leader. The finance function is a core component of the operational structure. It serves as a guardian of the shareholder’s resources by providing financial stewardship, making effective value-creation decisions, managing the financial risk and practicing good corporate governance. Consequently, a successful leader in this area needs to be armed with a variety of additional skills, including: an awareness of organisational and personal psychology, ability to manage a variety of stakeholders, a strong and effective communication skill, and possess an astuteness akin to politics. This course is designed to develop and fortify the CFO’s skills and acts as a primer for the attendee to become a more visionary and charismatic leader.
• Acquiring commercial insights, perspectives that feed into decisions making
• Leading through change, business transformation and performance optimisation
• Communicating business insights, decision choices more succinctly and intelligently
• Using diplomacy and politics to generate consensus and decisions
• Understanding your leadership style and linking it to financial objectives
• Evaluating the practical implications of investment decisions and acquisitions
• Driving innovation, organisational transformation and cultural change