Most Heads of Internal Audit would say that their functions have adopted a risk based approach
- Why then is Internal Audit often seen as negative and unhelpful, a function that points out errors and focusses on finding fault?
- Is it because it focusses mainly on failure rather than success.
- Changing this mind set is the biggest challenge for the audit function
- This highly-interactive course will show you how to deliver measurable benefits to your business
After completing this course you will be able to:
- AUDIT the more complex business topics with confidence
- ENHANCE internal audit’s contribution to the business
- ENGAGE more positively with senior management
- PLAN assignments effectively to focus on opportunity as well as risk
- ASSIST management to simplify and streamline processes
- FOCUS on areas of opportunity in regular assurance reviews
- AUDIT business areas which may have not been previously covered
- APPLY a simple method to reduce unnecessary controlss
- This is an intermediate level course and delegates should ideally have 12 months experience
- Delegates should have a good educational standard and/or a professional qualification
- No advance preparation is required
Participants can earn up to 14 CPE credits ( 10 in the Auditing field of study and 4 in the Management Advisory Services field of study)
Who Should Attend?
- Heads of Internal Audit (CAE)
- Audit Managers and those about to be appointed to that role
- Audit supervisors
- Internal Auditors
Business Risk Management Ltd
Phil Griffiths is founder and CEO of Business Risk Management Ltd, A Chartered Accountant and an Associate of the Institute of Internal Auditors, he has over 30 years’ experience in risk management, internal audit and fraud prevention as practitioner, professional adviser, facilitator and trainer. Phil is regarded as one of the world’s leading experts in the fields of strategic risk management and Internal Audit.
Phil is recognized as an accomplished and charismatic facilitator, trainer and lecturer having advised many renowned organizations, coordinated top-level events and addressed national and international conferences on a wide range of critical business topics. He has led risk management programs for many hundreds of private and public sector clients including, development of risk strategies and facilitated workshops plus assistance with implementation.
He has developed and delivered regular training courses on risk management, fraud prevention and investigation and best practice internal audit across the world.
He is a renowned author – his recent book ‘Risk Based Auditing’ is an international best seller.
Phil has published research into many aspects of internal audit and risk management best practice, including “Strategic Risk management” “The Need to Co-ordinate Assurance Providers” and “The Expectations of Chief Executives towards Internal Audit and its future”.