Regardless if you are an agile coach, a line manager or an HR professional, you need to understand how people strategy and people operations need to change when working in a company embracing the agile value structure. How do performance management, recruitment, learning and development, compensation and benefits and the way we perform employee engagement surveys change? What are the specific skills that we need to use to run an agile transformation from a people perspective? And is there still a need to do succession planning in the future?
The training places great emphasis on practical examples and we will present a series of tools that you will be able to use when getting started on your own agile HR initiative. We take you through an agile HR case from setting goals and developing user stories for HR to implementing sprint planning and monitoring the sprint using Kanban.
• How HR can support an agile organizational transformation: Assess the current organizational structure and design a new structure that enables business agility, maximizes communication and collaboration within and among teams and enables the flow of value.
• Goal setting and performance management in a new way: Appraise current performance management practices and identify ways of bringing Agile thinking to enhance performance, accountability and growth.
• Salaries and benefits for an agile organization: Describe and contrast traditional incentive structures with Agile-friendly structures, discuss the pros and cons of each approach and explain how they could apply them to their own environment.
• Job Roles – are they needed in the future? Develop an oganizational action plan for role modeling an agile mindset and to build new skills that will enable cross-functional teams.
• Employee engagement in an agile manner: Recommend different motivational tools to be applied in a context and describe how the traditional emloyee engagement survey is chaging.
• Talent acquisition and the candidate experience: Design a sourcing strategy that can be used to find and acquire the “right” people to support the strategic growth of the organization taking values, culture, diversity and collaboration into the hiring decision.
• Agile learning: Suggest ways to enable and support a learning mindset in a team, supporting the shift from a focus on deficiencies to a focus on development of new skills and capabilities.
• Onboarding practices for agile companies: Design an onboarding experience that enables new employees to become a part of the organization rapidly and smoothly.
• Why the agile mindset is HRs responsibility: Design the talent/people elements needed to help support an Agile transition in an organization and explain how different contexts can influence the approach to be taken.
• The needed changes in the HR core function: Relate how the need for business agility affects the HR function and organization and how it impacts HR team members’ roles and behaviors.
• Practical tools, templates and exercises for HR and managers: How an HR department can work with agile tools and methods, for example with Kanban, Sprints, Scrum and Retrospectives.
Pia-Maria is the author of Agile People – A Radical Approach for HR and Managers (That Leads to Motivated Employees), and the founder of Agile People. She specialize in helping companies move towards a culture of increased agility through Agile HR, Agile leadership and Motivation.
She has worked as a consultant with many of Sweden’s largest companies, helping them to implement HR processes and solutions, always spiced with an agile mindset. She is a People management consultant and devoted change agent with an enterprise perspective. Her main focus is to contribute to creating organizations where people perform better and feel engaged. Agile leadership and agile frameworks are the best ways to create successful change, in her
opinion. Pia-Maria is the founder of Agile People, which is a network and a conference with the purpose of spreading the agile mindset in organizations. Her main drive is to see the movement from one state to another in a company, contributing by making that change successful both from a financial and human perspective. Her vision is to create customer value and have fun at the same time!
Special focus areas: Agile People (Agile HR AND Agile Leadership), Agile Culture Journeys, Management 3.0, Performance development, Employee engagement & motivation (Reiss Motivation Profile), workshop facilitation, event moderation and professional speaking.