A CFO’s mastery of the financial skill is a given; however, such a skill alone is not enough to become a successful corporate leader. The finance function is a core component of the operational structure. It serves as a guardian of the shareholder’s resources by providing financial stewardship, making effective value-creation decisions, managing the financial risk and practicing good corporate governance. Consequently, a successful leader in this area needs to be armed with a variety of additional skills, including: an awareness of organisational and personal psychology, ability to manage a variety of stakeholders, a strong and effective communication skill, and possess an astuteness akin to politics. This course is designed to develop and fortify the CFO’s skills and acts as a primer for the attendee to become a more visionary and charismatic leader.
• Acquiring commercial insights, perspectives that feed into decisions making
• Leading through change, business transformation and performance optimisation
• Communicating business insights, decision choices more succinctly and intelligently
• Using diplomacy and politics to generate consensus and decisions
• Understanding your leadership style and linking it to financial objectives
• Evaluating the practical implications of investment decisions and acquisitions
• Driving innovation, organisational transformation and cultural change
Raheen Sacranie is a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants (ICAEW) and the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA), in the UK. Following a stint with KPMG in London, where he was involved in well over a hundred operational investigations and audits, he has worked as a financial and technology consultant, coach and trainer in over 700 companies across the world. His experience straddles all industries, in the commercial and the public sectors, and a career that spans over 25 years.
He specializes in helping organizations address the knowledge gap between operations and finance, particularly in identifying and delivering customised consultancy and training solutions aimed at enhancing operational working practices, financial management, financial analysis, corporate governance, process re-engineering, project management, regulatory compliance, audit investigations, business writing & communications, IT collaboration tools, coaching/mentoring and other skillsets in line with competency frameworks and corporate objectives. He has managed and delivered several initiatives in these areas. He is also a keynote speaker at several industry conferences, including: GPCA Innovation Workshop and OSHRM HR Symposium.