This MasterClass will guide participants through the new Central Securities Depositories (CSDs) regulatory compliance framework that is in place across the European Union (EU). The new Central Securities Depositories Regulation (No 909/2014) (CSDR) wants to harmonise securities settlement rules throughout the EU in order to increase the safety and efficiency of securities settlement and securities settlement infrastructures. CSDs and CSD customers will need to comply with the new CSDR requirements by mid-May 2018, followed by those relating to the settlement discipline regime during the course of 2019.
By the end of the MasterClass, the participants will understand
- The CSDR Regulatory & Authorization Process
- State of play of the CSDR implementation
- CSDR rules on specific business lines (banking services, outsourcing)
- Functional and operational aspects of cross-CSD links
- CSDR Reporting processes and timelines
- Business Strategy Insight in to the Post-CSDR world
Who should attend
- In-house lawyers in CSDs and CSDs’ Participants
- CSD Strategy Managers
- CSD business & product development teams
- CSD Regulatory Compliance Officers
- CSD Legal Documentation teams
- CSD banking operations teams
- Lawyers in private practice who advise the CSDs and/or their Participants
- Operations Managers
Dr. Dawid Sobczyński is an international lawyer and financial expert with over 15 years of experience and with the proven ability to work wiithin the national & European legal, regulatory & business environment.
He has a deep experience as Financial lawyer, Expert and Consultant in big securities market infrastructure institutions, notably as a Business Development & Strategy Consultant, Legal & European Affairs Manager, Contracts, Company Law & EU Sectorial Regulations Analyst and Advisor, as well as Governmental Lobbying and Relations.
Dr. Sobczynski has a Bachelor of Laws, Law Department, University of Warsaw , a Diploma in American Law, Center for American Law Studies – University of Florida and University of Warsaw, and Doctorate in Law from the National Academy of Science in the field of the EU financial law graduating with exceptional distinctions. Dawid contributed to many EU projects, including TARGET2- Securities, Securities Settlement Systems development and oversight.
Dawid’s primary areas of expertise include operational and functional analysis, drafting and negotiating contracts and legal documentation predominantly in the context of EU sectorial regulations (MIFID II, CSDR, EMIR, AIFMD, UCITS, Prospectus, MAR) in the financial market. Dawid now works at the Custody Department in a commercial bank.