This event will take participants on a journey of self-discovery and self-mastery. It will enable participants to understand and leverage their core strengths to become authentic leaders and role models who empower others. Participants will develop leadership and coaching skills, confidence, self-awareness, and understanding of core competencies and strengths. The interactive sessions will give you practical tools and will increase your confidence.
Despite recent progress women are scarce amongst senior leaders and very few women are CEO’s of the world’s largest corporations. In the 2018 Fortune list, only 24 women (4.8%) were CEO’s of Fortune 500 companies and women account for less than a quarter of senior roles globally. In 2017 the global average earnings for women were $12,000 compared to men’s earnings of $21,000. This event explores the current situation for women in leadership and provides a space for women to speak openly about the challenges they face and identify strategies to overcome them.
- Understand yourself as an empowered leader and identify strategies for overcoming the challenges facing women as leaders in the workplace
- Explore leadership attributes and their associated behaviours that need to be demon strated within your work environment
- Identify your communication preferences and how to communicate effectively in all directions using the appropriate language, tone and levels of assertion
- To know how to develop self-awareness, charisma and energy from the inside-out in yourself and others and inspire a high-performing culture through being a great role model and motivator
- Practice delivering impactful proposals and chairing meetings to get results and a clear action plan
- Develop your emotional intelligence when dealing with conflict and challenging behaviours in meetings and across departments
- Experience the value and power of coaching as a change management intervention for unlocking the potential and creating a culture of learning throughout your organization
As a consequence of attending this program you will:
- Be empowered and know how to empower others around you
- Understand your leadership style, capacity and attributes so that you can return to the workplace and discuss your future progression within the organization
- Refine your ability to communicate in a variety of styles in all directions across the organization
- Gain the skills to influence and sell ideas in meetings
- Understand your emotional competencies and how to demonstrate emotional intelligence and support others to improve their ability to manage conflict and challenging conversations
- Know how to coach skills and behaviours during the evolution of a team and know how to adapt your leadership style in every conversations
- Know how to deliver structured and professional positive and negative feedback to get results
- Believe in yourself, your abilities and your potential as a current or future leader
You will complete three psychometric tests to strengthen your skills in a management or leadership role. About the psychometric tests:
1. Social Styles: This is a communication styles questionnaire which we will use to explore relationship dynamics and how to adapt your communication style in various challenging situations with internal and external customers or colleagues.
2. EQ Competencies: These questionnaires will help you look at your strengths and weaknesses in terms of your emotional intelligence.
Rowena Khanna is a learning and development specialist with over 20 years experience. She runs her own training company/coaching practice and has broad experience working with leadership teams and managers in both public and private sector organisations across the UK and worldwide.
Rowena has an excellent reputation as an Executive/performance coach and selected coach at the London Business School. Since 2008 Rowena has run her own business offering management development, personal development and coaching solutions. She has worked throughout the Middle East running inspirational events for over 10 years and specializes in working with diverse audiences and particularly with groups of women. Her events are fully participative with psychological depth and lots of practical examples.
“I attended Rowena’s training on Woman in Leadership in Vienna last week and must say that it was amazing for many reasons: 1. It made me realize how important it is to have and show female role models, who have not changed to “better men” but kept their feminine approach so that other women
are encouraged to follow 2. Rowena provided a lot of insights and useful, simple models not only from her professional career as a leader but also from her experience in psychotherapy which was adding an important dimension. 3. Eventually it all came together for me in the questions of “Do I know myself well enough to lead myself?” and “Would I want to be led by me?” which build a great foundation of constant self-reflection. After all this is what makes us grow. Thank you Rowena for these two days which were over far too soon! “
Silvia (Pfeil) Imre, Head HR Slovakia & Western Europe, EMEA Partner CorSo bei Swiss Re
Another shared “I truly enjoyed the Women in Leadership event. For me it was exactly the right mix of discussions, self-reflection and observations in little try-outs and a great opportunity to share experiences with other female leaders from different industries. It was inspiring to witness Rowena’s capabilities in attuning to the audience, creating a warm and save atmosphere while setting clear boundaries and targets. A warm recommendation from my side for every female leader interested in strengthening their leadership skills and in digging deeper on gender related aspects.”
Alexandra Köppl, Director Packaging Operations bei Fresenius Kabi