Michael is an internationally recognised leader on business innovations especially in the digital and financial services space.
He is board-level advisor to major international organisations, for example to
– the German Banking community “Deutsche Kreditwirtschaft” of 2277 Banks with aggregated assets of 7626 billion€
– industry associations such as the EACB’s 4056 banks with aggregated assets of 7 trillion€ and their 210 million customers throughout the EU
– to European decision making bodies, for example
– the European Commission, chairing the Public Hearing on Innovations for the Green Paper on Retail Financial Services with Lord Hill, also part of Steering Committee to improve European competitiveness/efficiency by 243bn€ p.a. towards the EU’s Lisbon Agenda, also member of commission expert group on electronic identification and remote KYC processes
– the EPC – the decision making body of the 8000 banks in the 31 countries of Europe
– the ERPB – the central multi-stakeholder strategy board chaired by the Executive Board of the ECB for the future of payments in Europe
– and further national and international boards.
He is much in demand as a keynote speaker at international events not only across Europe but also in Japan, China, Russia and Australia. He regularly appears on TV/Radio/all electronic media on advances in finance and is quoted extensively (e.g. JPSS, FT Financial Times, UK Telegraph, FAZ Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung, SZ, Handelsblatt, Börsen Zeitung, Harvard Business Manager, New Scientist, Economist and by business schools and governments from Ghana to Malaysia).
He has published much own original work which has been translated into many languages including German, Italian, Dutch, Finnish, Polish, Russian and Japanese.
He is extensively networked into the new financial services space and has the top 5% most viewed profile out of the 200 million members on LinkedIn.