Despite recent progress women are scarce amongst senior leaders and very few women are CEO’s of the world’s largest corporations. In the 2018 Fortune list, only 24 women (4.8%) were CEO’s of Fortune 500 companies and women account for less than a quarter of senior roles globally. In 2017 the global average earnings for women were $12,000 compared to men’s earnings of $21,000. This event explores the current situation for women in leadership and provides a space for women to speak openly about the challenges they face and identify strategies to overcome them.
You will complete three psychometric tests to strengthen your skills in a management or leadership role. About the psychometric tests:
1. Social Styles: This is a communication styles questionnaire which we will use to explore relationship dynamics and how to adapt your communication style in various challenging situations with internal and external customers or colleagues.
2. EQ Competencies: These questionnaires will help you look at your strengths and weaknesses in terms of your emotional intelligence.
• Understand yourself as an empowered leader and identify strategies for overcoming the challenges facing women as leaders in the workplace
• Explore leadership attributes and their associated behaviours that need to be demon strated within your work environment
• Identify your communication preferences and how to communicate effectively in all directions using the appropriate language, tone and levels of assertion
• To know how to develop self-awareness, charisma and energy from the inside-out in yourself and others and inspire a high-performing culture through being a great role model and motivator
• Practice delivering impactful proposals and chairing meetings to get results and a clear action plan
• Develop your emotional intelligence when dealing with conflict and challenging behaviours in meetings and across departments
• Experience the value and power of coaching as a change management intervention for unlocking the potential and creating a culture of learning throughout your organization