GLC Europe is supporting Water.org to provide access to safe water and sanitation for people in the developing world
• 844 million people — 1 in 9 — lack access to safe water.
• Every 90 seconds a child dies from a water-related disease.
• Water, sanitation and hygiene related disease kills nearly 1 million people each year.
• Women and children bear the primary responsibility for water collection.
• Women and children spend 258 million hours every day collecting water. This is time spent not working, caring for family members or attending school.
• Women and girls often spend up to 6 hours every day collecting water.
• Globally, 1/3 of all schools lack access to basic water and sanitation.
1€ from every registration goes to Water.org