Modern internal audit functions have a key role in enabling organizations to deliver projects within cost targets, to the required quality and on time. You will develop greater understanding of how the risk-based audit approach provides the opportunity to improve the organization’s delivery of projects.
Through evaluation of why projects do not achieve the desired outcome and what can be done to avoid common mistakes in project delivery, this masterclass practically demonstrates how internal auditors are able to employ a risk-based audit approach at every stage of the project to support success.
This masterclass will also cover a range of key projects, common in the majority of organizations, to provide deeper understanding of how to approach auditing these projects in a practical and cost-effective way.
The exercises and activities will be practical in nature and predominantly based on reallife case studies or situations. In addition, there will be opportunity to discuss existing project concerns in a safe and professional environment.
• Establish how to effectively identify, measure, evaluate and control project risks.
• Appreciate the benefits of proactive risk-based audit of key projects.
• Understand how to audit major projects, including IT projects, in a practical and cost-effective way.
• Apply the concepts and practical application of a risk-based audit approach to deliver project success.
• Evaluate the lessons that can be learned to enable project delivery to time, cost and quality objectives.
Who Should Attend?
This masterclass is designed for those who have an interest in auditing projects. Although the masterclass is focused at intermediate level, all delegates will gain maximum benefit from the masterclass if they have a reasonable understanding of or experience in projects either from an audit involvement or project involvement.
• Heads of Audit, Audit Managers and Senior Auditors
• Project Managers and Project Programme Managers
• Auditors responsible for undertaking project audit assignments
• Other professionals who need to understand the risks impacting complex projects
• Managers and Directors of business functions – to aid their knowledge of a risk based audit approach to projects
CCS Training and Consultancy
Gary Ingamells is a high quality professional Internal Auditor and a Chartered Member of the Institute of Internal Auditors UK and Ireland and the founder of CCS Training and Consultancy. Gary also holds a BA in Business Studies, a Post Graduate Certificate in Education, the ACCA Certificate in International Auditing and the Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) designation from the IIA.
With over 20 years’ experience in delivering Internal Audit services, and over 14 years’ experience of delivering training and advice to Internal Audit professionals and trainees from across the globe, Gary is an expert on the audit process and how this can be utilised to deliver real value to all organizations and at all levels.
Gary has designed and developed learning material for Internal Audit students. For example, he authored 80% of the CIIA’s on-line learning material for the Organizational Leadership element of the Qualification in Internal Audit Leadership.
Gary has lead teams of Internal Auditors to deliver value-adding assurance and consulting services in Operations, Information Security and Professional Services. Gary has represented Internal Audit at numerous audit committees, senior management forums and conferences. Recent practical experience has seen Gary work with organizations in financial services, Government and the retail sector. Such work has included supporting major projects and contracts, reviewing culture and ethics, advising on information security and providing training to improve standards in Internal Audit functions.